Friday, November 8, 2013

18 months and Excited to be a BIG BROTHER!

Yeah, so I'll just state what you already know. I've not been very good with keeping up with my blog. You can pretty much see that as soon as Ian became super mobile, my typing time diminished greatly. Now I won't blame it all on the kid, I'm also active in a lot of other activities. I recently stepped into a new serving role at church and I've been clocking lots of hours there... Plus it just seems that if I'm torn between blogging and napping, or blogging and reading my bible, or blogging and chatting with friends.... I obviously haven't been picking blogging.
BUT when I started this blog, I said it was to help me retain some of the details of the day to day life with a kiddo, so I will try to get better about it.

Ian turned 18 months last week! Woah, a year and a half. A full blown toddler. He's learned to run well, he loves to sing and dance, and boy has he been picking up a million words!!!

My favorite thing he's been doing lately has been showing an interest in musical instruments. This means he can pick out and name different instruments in picture books, but also means he OBSESSES about playing any instruments he sees. For example, at church on Sunday, I set him down first, then was organizing my purse, diaper bag, etc on the seats for a moment. He took off walking toward the stage, walked up 4 stairs, opened the door to the drum cage, walked in, reached to feel for the sticks that were practically above his head, and then began to play. Play two sticks on one drum, separate the sticks and play the toms, even play the hi-hat and other cymbals. Everyone around took notice- he knew exactly what he wanted to do when he arrived at church and just went right to it!
I left him there while I continued to set myself up for practice, and his sitter had to lure him with food away, but he still cried and yelled out "bye bye boom boom"(boom boom is what he calls the drums) as he was taken downstairs. He can also say "geeetar" and will call that out any time he seems one, and runs to strum one. He'll even ask for a pick! Yesterday the sitter even let him take his recorder to bed because he didn't want to stop playing his "toot toot". What a stinker!
His first time playing drums... 

Watching Mr. Jon play
Found a "guitar" at Costco

Went as a tiger for Halloween 

Loves to eat with utensils!
And loves ketchup too!



Oh yes- and like the blog title mentions- Baby Ross #2 is on the way! Another little boy! Due in April 2014.

Hope whoever you are reading this, you have a blessed week!

LJ







No comments:

Post a Comment