Friday, January 10, 2014

26 Weeks

So similarly to my first pregnancy, I have been terrible at taking belly pics. It's totally exciting to see other people posting their week by week, I tell myself it's a good idea and I should do it, and then somehow I get to 26 weeks with no pics! So here's a pic of me around 25 weeks that I sent to a friend, for anyone who wants to see.


How far along? 26 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes! Embracing them!
Weight Gain?  + 11 pounds
Stretch Marks? nope
Sleep? Wake up a few times each night
Movement? Yes. He moves A LOT. No big rolls or elbow jabs yet, not cool enough to video my belly yet, but enough to make me smile.
What I Miss? Being able to take medication for illnesses, and going on a ski trip with my hubby. 
Symptoms? Hungry pretty often, and very sore/pressure when I stand for too long. Also- I do have placenta previa, which basically means my placenta attached low in my uterus instead of up high like they normally do. It still has the chance to move, but if you can picture it- its kinda blocking babies exit currently, which would mean a c-section if it doesn't move. With this condition, there's also a chance for bleeding, which could leave me in the hospital on bed rest or with a blood transfusion- worst case- a super early c-section :( I tell you all this so you can join me in praying this thing moves out of the way and we have no more issues!
Food cravings? Juicy meat. If you're reading this, just go ahead and bring me a cheeseburger- no pickles or onions.
Food aversions? None.
Best thing this week? Took a 2 hr nap one day! 
How Ian's doing with everything? He moved to his new big boy room this week, and sleeps in his big boy bed now. He also loves looking at pictures of babies.
What I’m Looking Forward to? Getting Neil's nursery complete. It's all the same furniture that Ian had, but we're painting the walls and going with a new "theme".
Weekly Wisdom? Here's something I posted on facebook a day or two ago...
 Not one of us will win the invisible "mommy competition". So I need to stop working so dang hard to have the smartest kid, cleanest house, cutest post baby body, etc- and just totally live in the moment of loving on my family. I really am living the dream if only my eyes are open to it
Milestones? I take my glucose test next week. Yuck. 
Next Appointment? Jan 21st- we're hoping for good results on the placenta front!!!





In other news, Ian is talking up a storm. Hearing him say "Thank you, Momma", "More orange please", and "Amen Jesus" is the best! This week he's also been waking up and staying in his bed, singing to himself. His favorite tunes include "I'm walking on sunshine", "Theme from Elmo's World", and "Cray Button" to name a few. That kid is hilarious!

After much research and thought put into it, we went with the Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double for the boys. There will be an infant adapter on the other side until Neil is a bit bigger. But this is what I got  for Christmas from mom and MIL.

Here's us on a really hard day. Someone decided to cut 4 teeth in one day and screamed for hours. 

Here's Ian facetiming with his cousin Charlie. I think Charlie was really confused on why Ian was stuck in that little box.

And Ian at his uncle's donut shop- North Lime Coffee and Donuts. He lovessss the sprinkles!

Hope you all are having a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment