Friday, April 19, 2013

One of those calls....

On Wednesday, while serving at my church for a huge conference we hold each year called The Uprising, I got the call from the sitter that no parent ever wants to get. It actually started with a text while I was attending a teaching session that simply read, "can you call me please." I knew that wasn't like this sitter, that she wouldn't want me to call her over something silly. So I walked out of the session and gave her a call.
To make a long story short and spare most of the details, Ian had been hurt and needed medical attention. My heart sank as I went back and forth between the what ifs and oh nos and please be oks. I prayed my whole way to the hospital that Ian would be ok AND that I could find only grace and forgiveness over the whole situation- kids get hurt and blaming doesn't help or heal anything.

One of the things I will remember most about this whole situation is when I ran to the sitter as she was getting him out of the car. Blood was dripping down one side of his face, but when he saw me he waved and smiled! That's my boy, the calmest little babe I've ever known.

It's been a few days now and his face has started to heal, he's on antibiotics, and it all seems like just a bad dream. But boy did I realize how precious life is that day. A lesson I don't want to easily forget.


Very tired tonight so I'm gonna hit the hay, but I really wanna be more consistent in my blogging. Don't want to forget any of this one amazing life I've got to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment