Monday, January 28, 2013

A little Monday recap 1/28

Some of my posts will be super informative or helpful, maybe meant for some special demographic in my life. And some of my posts will simply be to keep myself ( and you in the process) updated on all that's going on. Lord knows I will forget tomorrow what I did today!

Things I want to remember about this week ( 1/20-1/27)

A new round of Engage began- Engage is a women's bible study held at my church and last session was my first time to get to attend. This is my second session and I am very excited to be studying 1 Peter and purposefully carving out time to be in His word. For women who are having trouble finding devotional time- I suggest getting involved in a bible study group if at all possible. Our church offers childcare during this time- which has been sooooo beneficial for me.

Dinner with my college roommate- My college roomie, Alex, and her hubby and their two kids flew out of Lexington this week which means our family got the opportunity to have dinner with them!!! We ate at Saul Good ( and I was able to stay true to my diet) and the boys were so well behaved. I loved getting to hear of Alex and Jamie's heart for adoption, for missions, and for their growing church. Jamie is the pastor of Lakeside Christian Church in nothern KY and we are excited for all that God is doing there!

Paleo success for 7 days straight- One week of this crazy diet down and I am feeling a difference. I'm down a few pounds, have felt less "creaky" in my joints, and feel overall positive so far. I cannot believe that I have not cheated, not to say I haven't been tempted. When a diet is for weight loss, you can rationalize that one starburst isn't gonna go straight to your hips- but with this, I know that one dinner roll or wheat product could throw the whole effort out the window. My favorite meals this week have included BDs Mongolian grill (I had never been there, but awesome for Paleo) homemade pulled pork, a bacon and spinach quiche with an almond flour crust, and a batch of cookies made with coconut flour and almond butter.

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred- 3 times... so yeah, not doing so hot on this one. But hey- I like the DVD and now know what to expect, so hopefully I can get more consistent with it this week!

Worship at Church- I also subbed in at church when our other vocalist was sick and was so glad to have to opportunity to witness what Jesus did in so many hearts this weekend. Here's a link to a pic of that! (this is my first photo link effort, so let's hope it works)
http://photos.questcommunity.com/2013Frankfort/I-Love-My-Church-January13th/The-6-Hills-Well-Die-On-Part-2/i-hP3T2wv/0/M/20130127%20Church%200014-M.jpg

Hope you all had a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment