Thursday, March 21, 2013

A weekend to myself :)

Last weekend, our church message was on the topic of marriage. The sermon was powerful, hearts were stirred, and my husband was out of town. At first I felt a little sad that he would be gone, but it actually all worked out for the better as he was loving me by leaving.  He gave me the gift of a weekend in our home, with no extra responsibilities outside of my worship team commitment, and told me to get extra sleep-to go out- to do whatever I wanted! He took the baby to his parents and got to relax a bit himself while allowing me time to breathe and be restored.

So what did I do with all that time on my hands?

1) I spent time in prayer! Man, how easy it is to talk to Jesus! What a faithful companion and listening ear- and how much sweeter my time could be because there were fewer distractions around. Taking time to just be still, to listen, to worship... I felt so filled up. 

2) I went out with girlfriends! 4 of us got to be child free and had a night out at the Melting Pot. We stayed way later than we should have and just got to connect and love on each other! Life is so much sweeter in community! If you don't have a few pals you can talk with, hang out around, or call to have encourage you- talk to me! I'd love to hook you up with some of my friends and let you feel the love of true friendship.

3) I got crafty! I have just started using a Cricut Expression 2 (super fancy paper cutter) so I made my first card. It was trickier to use than I imagined, so I'm still only at one cute care made, but I got to play around with it and dream up the dinosaur invites that will be going out soon for Ian's first birthday!

4) I got some sleep! I went to bed at 12 midnight and had to be up at 6:30 the next morning for church, BUT I SLEPT from 12- 6:30!!!! That's a miracle for a momma like me ( with a young baby and on meds that make sleep impossible!)

And don't you know, once my man can back into town, we got to discuss the marriage message, do the "homework" that Pastor gave, and this week has been incredible for us! We are loudly speaking each other's love languages, taking time to really connect, and just having a blast! Having a "good" marriage sometimes just isn't good enough when it can be great... THRIVING even! Love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment