Friday, March 15, 2013

Itchy itchy

Well, based on my absence, you can guess it's been a tough week around here. 3 days ago I woke up with a hot, burning sensation on my back. Turns out I had an entirely new rash, hot to the touch and scaly, just appear- for no apparent reason- on my back. Of course it itches like crazy, but I can't scratch ( because it's bad for it AND I can't reach). My eyelids have also been puffy and sore and itchy.
Ugh, even as I type this, I'm guessing you all may be grossed out reading about it. It's not pretty...  But it's real. Again, I'm blogging for me to keep a reminder of how all this progresses as much as I am to keep you all in the loop, so bear with me through the ugly parts.

In other news, Ian's birthday party is a little more than a month away, so I'm starting to toss around ideas for invitations, decorations, and so on. Of course it will be dinosaur themed ( that's basically his life's theme until he's old enough to say otherwise) and I'm praying for great weather so we can get some nice outdoor photos. Does it make me a bad mom that we've not had any professional photos taken since his birth? Yeah, I'm working on that.

My sister made it back to the States safely after a two month romp through Brazil and Argentina. She never ceases to find herself in the middle of amazing adventures and I admire her spirit of courage. She and my mom will be coming to visit Monday, as the following week she heads back to Japan for good. :( I love her and phone calls with her would be awesome if not for that stupid time difference!!! But hopefully she and I will continue to stay in touch.

Sounds like my little guy is ready for his nap. I'm gonna try to catch some shut eye with him as I only got 3 hrs of sleep last night. (Baby wakes, I help him back to sleep, steroids keep me wide awake, 3 hrs later I fall asleep, 20 minutes later baby is screaming again, yeah...)


Hope you all are having a terrific Friday! I'm so excited to be serving this weekend at our Lexington Campus. I'm usually out in Frankfort so this will be a great time to connect with some of the music team that I rarely see. Check out QuestCommunity.com at 5:55pm on Saturday, or 9:30am or 11:30am on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment