Monday, March 11, 2013

Terri's 60th Birthday Party

This weekend we made a very quick trip up to Cincinnati. Loved hanging out with my younger brother and sister - my older brother didn't show up and my older sister is still in Argentina till next week. Sunday afternoon we spent the day at Aunt Terri's birthday party with everyone. James and I also took advantage of Gammi and Poppy time and went to see Silver Linings Playbook and did some window shopping and Ikea idea gathering while there too.


Ian and his Gammi 


Me and my brother, Ethan




It was a tough weekend for me physically. For the past few days, my rashes have been getting worse aka itchier, redder, and just plain annoying. My eyelids are puffy and purple, my hands are cracked and feel like they are covered with a million little paper cuts. I was just frustrated by it all and made the conscience decision to eat off of the Paleo diet plan. For SEVEN WEEKS I did the absolute best I could to follow the diet's strict rules. I lost a total of 11 pounds and was skinny...... Maybe too skinny. I started feeling hungry a lot and had to think about food quite often. I felt that there were times I was depriving myself, and it felt a little obsessive. Now this diet was always about health and healing, but it began to alter other things in my life- like me not being able to eat a single thing at a birthday party buffet lunch or people not wanting to eat around me for fear of making me feel bad. So currently I have decided that I will continue to eat "pretty Paleo". Like last night, I made a complete yummy Paleo meal, but then the brother in law came over and we ate cake for his birthday. Just a small slice for me, no going crazy ( I don't think my gut could handle that) but I did celebrate, have a piece, and just let go.

Facebook, blogging, television, money, social engagements, food-  NONE of these should ever be the main thing my life seems to revolve around.

No comments:

Post a Comment