Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Long Nights



At midnight, he cried out. I waited a few minutes, then went in. He was very warm to my touch. I picked him up and he continued to cry. I rocked him and he continued to cry. I laid him down and he continued to cry. Sang to him, more crying. Changed him, more crying. Fed him, crying, crying, crying. Checked his temp. The loud, automatic thermometer that speaks his temp said, " Your body temperature is 94 degrees Fahrenheit." I knew it was lying. I took his temp like 10 more times, and that darned lady kept changing her mind about how warm my son actually was. I threw the thermometer across the room. I gave Ian a dose of infant tylenol, then rocked him as he cried for the next 3 hours. When he fell asleep around 4am, I tried to lay him down, but he was awake in a heartbeat, crying out again. I continued to hold him through the sunrise.

All in a night's work for a momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment