Friday, February 8, 2013

Paleo Day #19


And almost 3 weeks in to this Paleo diet and it's still hard to snack/eat/plan meals accordingly. Going out to eat has been funny too. Saul Good has an amazing menu with lots of salads and a few good meat selections. BD's Mongolian Grill was awesome for how they label everything and it's really easy to tell that I'm getting everything just how I like it. Smashing Tomato has a great salad that I just asked to have  no cheese which was simple enough ( although I could smell someone's BBQ chicken pizza and was drooling).
Cooking has been difficult as well. I'm one of those ladies who has the opportunity AND enjoys cooking for her man, but since he's not on the diet with me, it's been humorous to say the least. I still cook meals for both of us, then add a roll or garlic bread with his. Or put cheese on his after it's on his plate. Or I try to trick him into thinking he's getting the good stuff, only to say "Could you tell that was gluten free?" or "Those aren't mashed potatoes, that's mashed CAULIFLOWER".


My new Dutch Oven!

Farmer's Pie with mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes

I have lost 5 pounds, which is crazy because that has not been my goal in all of this, but it makes sense since I ate horribly before this and I have not cheated, except for a swig of Cherry Coke.

As for how I'm feeling... I definitely feel my muscle weakness more this week. It may be because I've had lots of kids to watch this week and I don't let anything stop me from hugging and holding and twirling the kids around. I've also been really digging my bible study, but have to watch myself because without thinking I will start to hunch over or have really bad posture over my notebook, then have to re-adjust often. I also have a new rash across my shoulders and chest. Was it that v neck I wore last week when I got stuck behind a wreck and could feel myself getting a sunburn through the windows? Not sure, but it's crazy how I have to think of all kinds of little things like that. Like a vampire or something, trying to avoid the sun. 1 Peter 5:10 gives me hope though. "So after you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen you, and He will place you on a firm foundation."

Hope you all have a terrific weekend. And here's a pic of halftime during our Super Bowl Party.


The Super Bowl party was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment