Thursday, February 28, 2013

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day

Most of you know by now that I am currently following a very strict Paleo diet on a mission to find healing and wholeness for this old body. 36 days in and it has gotten so much easier, now that my pantry is stocked well and I know what I can and cannot have. Another thing that has helped me along is finding friends and fellow bloggers that are also cooking "clean" and focusing on their heath.
One blog I found has a great Foodie Pen Pal Program where folks essentially share their favorite food items/recipes/inspirations with each other. We are each matched with someone to send to, and someone else will be matched to send to us. You can read more about it here.

This month I was matched with Leslie from Mykitchenisopen. Leslie is a super sweet woman who has overcome a lot in her life and is also on a path of healing and wholeness. She's so sweet!

So here's what I received for the month of February!

 So excited to get mail!!!
 I love the tissue paper! 
Unwrapping is half of the fun!! 
Can you see the cute ice tray there in the front?


 The cookie cutters, coasters, and magnets were such a fun gift! 
In a house full of males, I love fun, girly items!
 I'm also really into hot teas, so trying a new brand was exciting!


Loved all of these dried fruits! I pack a snack everywhere I go,
as not to be tempted to break the diet because I'm hungry.
 My favorite thing to take with me is a homemade trail mix, so these fit right in! The peaches had a really odd smell, but were yummy, while the banana chips were amazing!


This was my very first month being a Foodie Pen Pal and I was matched to send to Tambra Means over at GingerMantra. She recently ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon and is one heck of a lady. Head over to her blog to see what I sent her ! Can't wait to do this again next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment